Philadelphia Neighborhood Housing Services (PNHS) is a private non-profit organization. PNHS was incorporated in 1975 with the vision of making homeownership affordable for under-served and distressed communities. At the foundation of this vision were concepts such as resident empowerment, redevelopment, public/private partnership and aggressive intervention. Over the past twenty-five years PNHS has kept this vision and improved upon it. PNHS has continued to reinvent itself through the commitment of a dedicated Staff and Board of Directors. As PNHS moves forward, our goals remain:
- To Foster Sustainable Change Through Education, Training and Leadership Development.
- To Increase Homeownership.
- To Reduce Neighborhood Blight.
- To Provide Resources for Home Improvement.
- To Encourage Private Investment by Banks, Homeowners, Commercial and Industrial Users and Landlords.
- To Develop Self Sustaining Programs.